#NZ Ops Test
Think you're worthy of being an op on #NZ, but don't know why still don't have a @? Take this simple test to find out your #NZ op-worthiness!
1. A person with a South African IP joins the channel and says "ha ha we kicked u stupid kiwis at the rugby!!!!!!" Do you:
- Say "Yes, South Africa are the best rugby team in the entire world. We suck."
- Kick him for spelling "you" as "u".
- Vaguely wonder what he's talking about.
- Do nothing as he has already been kicked and banned by Adder's rugby script.
2. A person with the nick ev|L1 joins the channel and asked "ne1 here from hastings?" Do you:
- Kick him with the reason "hastings sux"
- Say you are from Hastings, Canada.
- Inform him that to the best of your knowledge there is no one here from Hastings.
- Kick him with the reason "No location checks"
3. A person from Argentina joins the channel and requests information on Maori culture for a school project. Do you:
- Immediately kick with the reason "Te fuck off"
- Make up some crap like "whare paku" means "I love you" then get bored and kick him.
- Paste a few URLs of useful web pages with information about Maori culture.
- Tell him that as this is #NZ there is no culture of any kind.
4. One evening a channel semi-regular starts to paste the lyrics to "Spark" by Tori Amos to the channel. It looks like she's going to paste the entire song. Do you:
- Try and out-paste her by pasting the lyrics to "All In the Family" by Korn.
- Politely request that she stop pasting it as not everyone appreciates it.
- Kick her with the reason, "fucking stop it"
- Start up a channel discussion about the true meaning of the lyrics and just how damn cool Tori is.
5. A person joins the channel and says "Come and join my brand new channel #NZ-Aucklanders! Free ops to the first 5 ppl who join!!!!!" Do you:
- Immediately op the person as a sign of inter-channel op respect.
- Join #NZ-Aucklanders and participate in the fun and conversation there.
- Kick the person with the reason "No advertising".
- Join #NZ-Aucklanders, discover that as you're the sixth person to join you don't get ops, go back to #NZ and kick ban the person with the reason "dick".
6. The host of a popular late night tv show joins the channel and says "hi how's it going". Do you:
- Netsex him
- Kick him with the reason "you fat ass"
- As you spend all your spare time in front of your computer, you have no idea who he is and kick him because he seems lame.
- Immediately op him and spend the next 10 minutes telling him how cool he is.
7. A person with the nick Lemon joins the channel and doesn't say much. However, he privately messages you and says that he is a shy guy and is looking for a girlfriend. Do you:
- Tell him you are a big hairy goth guy.
- Paste his conversation to the channel, laugh at him then kick him using the word "spade" in the kick reason.
- Arrange to see a movie with him, despite the fact that you really are a big hairy goth guy.
- Get into a conversation about how true love is so hard to find, that at least once includes "/me hugz lemon"
8. It's a Saturday night. You have heard there's a #NZ-Auckland party, but you don't have any details. Do you:
- Stay at home and mope in front of your computer kicking random people in an attept to make yourself feel better..
- Join #NZ-Auckland and find out the details of the party and go.
- Type "/me wibbles".
- Stay at home and get drunk in front of your computer.
9. A person with the nick l33t1 joins the channel and types "fuk u #nz u all suk" 37 times. Do you:
- Get really depressed because all this time you thought you were really cool.
- Immediate kick ban.
- Ban, but no kick, and toy with him, like a cat with its prey.
- Go off and look for some porn, and eventually he leaves the channel because no one's paying any attention to him.
10. You end up at the #NZ-Auckland party. There is a computer set up in the lounge. Do you:
- Quickly say hi to all the #NZ folks back home.
- Ignore the computer and get really pissed and spade some drunk teenagers.
- Spend the entire party on the computer, and leave early so you can go home and continue IRCing.
- Do a bit of chatting, but spill your beer on the keyboard and quickly leave before anyone finds out.
11. A person with the nick Jimi98 and a Malaysian IP address joins the channel and asks "anyone here from malaysia?". Do you:
- Immediate kick with the kick reason "goa way" because you were in a hurry to beat all the other ops and you couldn't think of something witty to type.
- Politely explain that as this is a channel for New Zealanders, it is unlikely that there would be people from Malaysia.
- Explain that as this is a channel for Nude Zebras, it is unlikely that there would be people from Malaysia.
- Set a blanket ban for all *.my IPs.
12. It's a Wednesday evening. There's not much channel action. You say one word to attempt to stimulate conversation. Do you say:
13. A channel semi-regular joins and asks if there are any IHUG sysadmins around as they are having trouble getting newsgroups. Do you:
- Point them in the direction of one of the three sysadmins who are lurking in the channel.
- Kick with the reason "what does this look like fucking ihug helpdesk or something?"
- Suggest they visit IHUG's MOTD.
- Pretend to be an IHUG sysadmin and say "yeah, you'll need to change your news server to news.pooze.hax0r.hugz.ihug.co.nz"
14. You want to impress a cute goth called M|dnyt by opping them. Do you:
- Op them, and de-op anyone who questions you, kicking the persistant ones.
- Wait until they have proved their worth and earned the respect of other ops.
- Op them, if anyone complains say your cat walked over the keyboard.
- Decide to wait until you've slept together.
15. What is the primary role of a #NZ op?
- Informing the channel of what music you are currently listening to.
- Keeping the channel in order.
- Letting people know what kind of pizza you had for dinner.
- Discussing static route tables on Cisco routers.